Monday, April 19, 2010

My pride is not my proud

Pride /n
1. a feeling of pleasure or satisfaction that one gets from doing something well, or from doing or being responsible for something excellent or widely admired;
2. a too high opinion of oneself or one's achievements;
3. knowledge of one's own worth or character;
4. a group of lions;
5. /v to be proud of something.

Proud /adj
1. feeling or showing pride;
2. feeling that one is better or more important than others;
3. splendid, impose;
4. standing out from or extending above something.

Once upon a time, I was excelled in Biology, Chemistry and Physics, and even able to score full marks in Mathematics and Additional Mathematics. At that time, I felt great. Nowadays, when looking back at those stuffs, my mind just felt empty.

Once, I thought I'm a person with high EQ, confident in handling personal relationship with various parties, capable to listen to others, be a good listener. Nowadays, maybe I'm a little bit too comfortable with my current situation, I realized the slight chances around me; the people surrounding me are different, when they react with me.

I admitted, this is not so good. But my memory chose to forget, chose to receive new or advance knowledge; my body aka myself chose to not sharpen my social skills. Thus, what has been in the past, just let it be part of our life. What I missed during the socializing, just let it be. We should live with our own pride, but not proud for what we had, or having now. We should live with our own dignity, but not to bend our waist in order to get others pleasure. This is because, we are nothing in the end. What you having now, may not the same in the future. Thoughts are changing, as always...

In conclusion, I have my own pride, but I'll not proud with it.

p/s: How I wish now is week 13, so that I wont face the study combine with socializing problem for this semester and get myself ready for the battlefield, as well as the new future...
Powered By Blogger